Written by Nicole Zablocki, Eco-Kitchen Coordinator
This delicious and easy recipe uses firm tofu. Tofu is a very healthy alternative to consuming meat as it an excellent source of protein and does not contain any cholesterol. Tofu is very high in calcium and iron, and contains powerful antioxidants that inhibit the growth of cancer cells when consumed regularly.
Yield: 4 Servings
- One package of Ying Ying Tomato Tofu
- One red pepper (diced)
- 3 cups chopped spinach or kale
- ½ cup or one small onion (diced)
- ¼ cup of garlic scapes (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the pepper, and spinach (or kale if using) very well.
- Using a fork, crumble the tofu pieces or use a knife to cut them up into very small pieces.
- In a large pan, on medium heat add the olive oil.
- Sautee red pepper, garlic scapes and onion for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the spinach and the tofu and cook for 6 minutes until hot and the spinach is cooked through.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Note: This picture above is taken from the Minimalist Vegan