Written by Nicole Zablocki, Eco-Kitchen Coordinator
More fruits and vegetables are in season such as tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant and peppers with the beautiful warm weather in Ontario. If you are hosting a barbecue, grilling up vegetables is a great side dish to any recipe, and makes delicious leftovers.
Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 red peppers (de-seeded and quartered)
- 3 zucchini (sliced into ½ inch rectangles)
- 3 cups button or cremini mushrooms (halved)
- 3 eggplant (sliced into ½ inch rectangles)
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of italian seasoning
- Fresh italian flat leaf parsley (optional)
- Wash all vegetables before use.
- Turn on the barbecue to medium heat.
- Chop up all of the vegetables and in a large bowl toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper as well as the italian seasoning.
- Place a foil plate on the barbecue and place vegetables on the foil plate.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Arrange vegetables on a platter and serve with finely chopped italian flat leaf parsley.
Note: This picture is taken from Health Magazine.